Μουσικό Forum Ιωαννίνων
Θέλετε να αντιδράσετε στο μήνυμα; Φτιάξτε έναν λογαριασμό και συνδεθείτε για να συνεχίσετε.

ΦόρουμPortalArticlesΕικονοθήκηLatest imagesΑναζήτησηRulesΕγγραφήΣύνδεση
Πρόσφατα Θέματα
» one step from the edge - Sinking in Silence (2023)
the new Rundevilrun releases!!!! Emptyαπό Crowdance Τετ Νοε 01, 2023 3:40 pm

» Ο Sakis Gouzonis κυκλοφόρησε το 15ο άλμπουμ του
the new Rundevilrun releases!!!! Emptyαπό Electronica Κυρ Ιαν 01, 2023 8:45 am

» Sakis Gouzonis - Sweet Freedom
the new Rundevilrun releases!!!! Emptyαπό Electronica Παρ Ιουλ 29, 2022 10:15 pm

» One step from the edge - The Deafening Silence (2020)
the new Rundevilrun releases!!!! Emptyαπό Crowdance Παρ Ιουλ 10, 2020 9:02 am

» One step from the Edge - Believe (2018)
the new Rundevilrun releases!!!! Emptyαπό Crowdance Κυρ Μαρ 29, 2020 7:10 pm

» Sakis Gouzonis - 8ο ηλεκτρονικό μουσικό άλμπουμ
the new Rundevilrun releases!!!! Emptyαπό Electronica Τρι Ιουν 23, 2015 5:52 pm

» Crowdance Digital Promo Cd “New World Order”
the new Rundevilrun releases!!!! Emptyαπό Crowdance Δευ Νοε 03, 2014 12:48 pm

» ΕΛΛΗΝΙΚΕΣ ΠΑΡΤΙΤΟΥΡΕΣ ΓΙΑ ΠΙΑΝΟ
the new Rundevilrun releases!!!! Emptyαπό music4u Δευ Μαρ 03, 2014 7:17 pm

» Kettavan Song Kanne Kannil Kadhal Vaithu Free Mp3 Rapidshare
the new Rundevilrun releases!!!! Emptyαπό  Πεμ Δεκ 19, 2013 3:58 pm

» ΤΑ ΠΑΝΤΑ ΟΛΑ ! Νέο site
the new Rundevilrun releases!!!! Emptyαπό music4u Τρι Ιουλ 09, 2013 9:02 pm

Φιλοι του Forum!!!

the new Rundevilrun releases!!!!

Πήγαινε κάτω 
2 απαντήσεις
ΣυγγραφέαςΜήνυμα
Stathis Chouliaris
electric guitarist & composer - Moderator
electric guitarist & composer - Moderator
Stathis Chouliaris

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 316
Τόπος : great deep-sunrise

the new Rundevilrun releases!!!! Empty
ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: the new Rundevilrun releases!!!!   the new Rundevilrun releases!!!! EmptyΤετ Δεκ 31, 2008 8:30 pm

Γιατί αν δεν παινέψουμε το σπίτι μας……!!!
Ο nikodemos ( που είναι και μέλλος του forum μας ) έχει κάνει παρα πολύ καλή δούλειά... Wink Wink Wink Wink
Χαίρομαι που δούλεψα και συνεχίζω να δουλεύω μαζί με ανθρώπους που κατέχουν την τέχνη...
Κατεβάστε τα tracks και ακούστε... Wink Wink Wink Wink
Ακολουθεί ομιλία προς τεχνικούς ήχου μάλλον... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hi everybody
2009 is bringing some new RDR albums from Background Noise Suppression, Infidelity and Schema (...and some more to come later). So with these 3 albums almost completed i thought it would be a good idea to upload some samples and give some inside info on the "Making of..." (well a quick one....just a few notes on each band......i guess this is mainly for recording geeks and gear addicts)

These are probably NOT the final versions of the tracks

So here you can find and download the samples:
The New Devils!!!
http://rapidshare.com/files/178455302/TheNewDevils.rar

...and here is some basic tech info (the spicy parts) on recording them......for audio freaks only

Background Noise Suppression
I really love the kind of music BNS is making....it's this late 80s - early 90s indie alternative pop with lots of guitars,melodic vocals and power drumming. So we knew from the start what we wanted to sound like ......
We wanted to have this overcompressed drum sound based mainly on the snare and kick drum and not so much on cymbals and room sound....on the other hand we recorded many different takes on e.guitar trying to build a "wall" of guitars based ..d mic'ed signals from the trusty 57 blended with more ambient room mics (mainly a TLM 193) All the guitars were recorded with a Fender super reverb and Peavey 6505 (believe it or not for it's clean sound)...most of the guitars were left dry in the mix with just some compression in the group buss. I really love the bass sound, a blend of a 4x12 cabinet through an active ribbon mic with a direct feed from a 1962 Telefunken V672.....and ofcourse some distressor pumping on top. Recording the vocals was a challenge cause Kostas (the BNS singer) is a very energetic and passionate performer,so finding the perfect mic - preamp - comp combination was very critical...Finally we decided to use the Rode K2 through an Eissen Nevey preamp "controlled" through AMEK 9098 comp and manual fader riding through the console.....no EQ. On some songs (like the one uploaded) the AMEK was coupled by a distressor in "brit mod" for a more agressive overdriven sound ....in the mixing we only added a little top end and a little 'verb or echo. The keyboards came last and gave that "frozen" electro sound....very 80s
I needed the mix to sound quite solid and massive but with no pumping so i run the whole mix through a Manley Mu comp with about 2-3 db of gain reduction

Infidelity
The whole idea behind the new Infidelity album was to be an actual live recording...and that's what it is. It's basically 3 days in the studio with the band performing live......and 3 months of mixing ....no overdubs except some backing vocals...we just recorded loads of different takes of each track and kept the best performance. I wanted to focus mainly on the vocal parts and a roomy drum sound. The drum sound is mainly based on a stereopair of room mics and the overheads....i wanted them to sound massive and raw so i didn't eq'ed the lower midrange and left this boomy feeling which is actually what "real" drums is about......of course i "smashed" the room mics a bit to get more of the room sound...but that's me ....i am a comp-maniac.......The vocals were recorded through a M147 and in some tracks were a more focused midrange sound was the goal with a classic U87....both through a JLM preamp and the TL Audio EQ.
Mixing was mainly finding the drum sound (some parallel comp and eq) , the perfect "air" for the vocals and ballance between levels and panning and maybe a couple of reverbs or tape echoes......The guitars were left as they were recorded....2 Fender amps in the same room with Oktava Lomo heads in front......I really love the result,i think it's very "real" with nice stereo imaging and very rich sounding....maybe a bit different from todays "thin" and "shiny" albums but......

Schema
With Schema we tried to get somewhere between the other 2......a big "rock" sound, raw but controlled with BIG drums and fuzzy guitars...and on top a beautifull female voice. We tried lots of different things on each song changing musical styles and orchestrations.....We had a huge amount of guitar sounds but we ended up with a more fuzzy sound for most of the songs plus some tele style clean sounds...we used lots of different mic configurations for the guitars including U87, TLM 193, C414 and lots of cheap chinese ribbons .....On the female vocals after several testings we used the trusted U87 with a A designs tube pre amp and , depending on the song, the AMEK or the Distressor...Sophia has a wonderfull and powerfull voice so no EQ was needed.....
we recorded everything was sounding interesting and finally we got to the mixing stage with more than 40-50 tracks for each song!!!!
The mixing was a combination of "In the Box" and "Out of the box" situation were most of the proccesing came from the analog domain, including some very crispy tube saturation from Culture Vulture on the drum buss, some EQ and levelling on the guitars and ofcource the Vari Mu on the main mix bus....

Επιστροφή στην κορυφή Πήγαινε κάτω
http://www.stathischouliaris.gr
nikodemos
Wise Member
Wise Member
nikodemos

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 3

the new Rundevilrun releases!!!! Empty
ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: the new Rundevilrun releases!!!!   the new Rundevilrun releases!!!! EmptyΤετ Δεκ 31, 2008 9:32 pm

Στάθη thanks man Very Happy

Ελπίζω να σας αρέσουν......

Καλή χρονιά σε όλους santa
Επιστροφή στην κορυφή Πήγαινε κάτω

the new Rundevilrun releases!!!!
Επιστροφή στην κορυφή 
Σελίδα 1 από 1

Δικαιώματα σας στην κατηγορία αυτήΔεν μπορείτε να απαντήσετε στα Θέματα αυτής της Δ.Συζήτησης
Μουσικό Forum Ιωαννίνων :: Γενικα στο Forum :: -Δελτία Τύπου...-
Μετάβαση σε: